Make a Gift from your IRA
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to support the lifesaving work of Mission Doctors and receive tax benefits in return.
You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as MDA without having to pay income taxes on the money. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
This law no longer has an expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts to our organization this year and well into the future.
The benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Mission Doctors Association
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of Catholic Doctors and their families serving Christ’s poor in Africa and Latin America.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Mission Doctors Association.
Mission Doctors Association
501(c)3 organization with the Tax ID 95-6110132
6102 South Victoria Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90043
(213) 368-1872 – email@example.com
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to Mission Doctors to help continue our lifesaving work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us so we can anticipate your gift and provide the proper acknowledgment.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.